Vintage sizing is not the same as modern day sizing. Rogue Vintage includes in the description of each item a vintage size as listed on the garments original tag as well as measurements of the garment. The measurments are taken while the garment is laying flat and unstretched. Our measurements are not approximate, they are exact. To ensure the best fit, comfort and ease of movement should be taken into account when taking your measurements. Generally add 1-2 inches to measurements to account for ease of movement- more if you prefer your clothes to fit loosely.
- Bust Measurement- Measure around the fullest part of your bust. Do not pull the tape tight or let it slide underneath your bust.
- Waist Measurement- Measure around the smallest part of your waist where it naturally curves. Usually about 8" from underarm.
- Hip Measurement- Measure around the fullest part of your hips. Usually about 8" from your waist.
- Length Measurement- Measure from the top of your shoulder, down the front of the garment to point you want the garment to fall.
- Sleeve Length- Measure from the top of the shoulder at the seam to the end of the sleeve cuff or where you want the sleeve to fall. If there is no seam, the measurement is taken from the neckline.
- Bust Measurement- Measure across the front of the garment from underarm seam to underarm seam.
- Waist Measurement- Measure from side seam to side seam or across the smallest area if there is an elastic waist, empire waist, or no visible waist seam. The waist measurement generally falls about 8" below the underarm seam.
- Hip Measurement- Measure from side seam to side seam, generally about 8" below the waist seam.
- Length Measurement- Measure from the top center of the shoulder to the bottom hem of the garment.
- Sleeve Length- Measure from the top of the shoulder seam to the bottom of the sleeve at the cuff. If there is no shoulder seam the length is measured from the neckline.
MODERN SIZE CHART
In order to assist our customers in translating measurements to a modern size equivalent we have provided the chart below. The size listed in the drop down menu of each item is based on this modern size chart, not the vintage size specified on the tag. Some items are a larger size than our mannequin or model and may have been pinned to show ideal fit. Do not judge size by the way it appears in the photograph.
ROGUE VINTAGE CONDITION RATINGS
Vintage clothing has almost always been previously owned, worn and well loved. Keep in mind our items are one of a kind, small pieces of history and may show a small amount of wear. We dry clean or launder each garment prior to listing and small alterations may be done to fix a seam, hem or beadwork. Each item is then rated on the below scale.
- Mint- Pristine with no signs of wear or visible flaws
- Excellent Vintage Condition-Item has only very minor wear
- Very Good Vintage Condition- Item has some noticeable wear or discoloration
- Good Vintage Condition- Item has a few minor imperfections that are listed in the description